Glitches and Errors - Things that need to be fixed

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12:40 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
E.Nigma
The Grand Funk Master of all Get Out.
E.Nigma has provided valuable testing services for the website.E.Nigma doth crush dreams.E.Nigma is Mewtwo.E.Nigma is Dr. Cain's only mistake.E.Nigma keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.E.Nigma has referred new users to the site.E.Nigma wrote an exemplary guide.E.Nigma wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!E.Nigma made significant contributions to all areas of the website!E.Nigma did something funny.E.Nigma impressed a staff member by doing something smart.E.Nigma helped a member with a problem.E.Nigma gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.E.Nigma contributed to the Stadium community.

Glitches and Errors
Just as the title says, we're getting ready for a series 5 launch and I just feel like it's time for me to really go back and take a look at everything in the system and change or fix it if it's broken.

If you know of anything, ANYTHING, that's not functioning correctly or needs to be changed, please post it here so I can handle that before Series 5.

I'll update this list as often as I can (or some of my MODS can do it for me)

GLITCHES
  1. Glire/Glice/Glunder Recipe Glitch (known error)
  2. Bullet Bill x4
  3. ...
  4. ...

SPELLING ERRORS

1. Puff up
  2. Cook Kirby
  3. Wire frame (female)
  4. Bellosum
  5. Donkey Kong (s1)
  6. Gray Fox
  7. Blue Ivysaur
  8. Green Ivysaur
  9. Green Kirby
  10. Red Link
  11. Lyndis
  12. Critical Hit
  13. Blue Ness
  14. Green Pit
  15. Diffusion Beam
  16. Zero Laser
  17. Togepi
  18. Green Toon Link
  19. Green Zelda
  20. Green ZSS
  21. Ancient Minister
  22. Primid
  23. Cymul
  24. Blue ZSS
  25. Chaotic Alliance
  26. Dk and Rob
  27. Bullet Bill
  28. Glire
  29. Giant Goomba
  30. Gamyga
  31. Greap
  32. Koopa Troopa (Red)
  33. Duon
  34. Corneria
  35. Black and White Stadium
  36. Rainbow Cruise
  37. N64 Intro
  38. Male Wire frame
  39. Giga Bowser
  40. Red Bowser
  41. Green Captain Falcon
  42. Diddy FS
  43. ...

CREDIT ERRORS

1. Credit Awkward Zombie for Those promos /  Coin Cards
  2. Red Captain Falcon
  3. Blue Shiek
  4. Blue Yoshi
  5. Autumn Season
  6. Hunting For Dinner
  7. Thanksgiving Feast
  8. Red Fox

POINTS / WEIGHT  / RARITY ERRORS
  1. Card Name, Series #, What's the Error?
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. ...

If you guys could help me out with that it'd be appreciated. Rewards given to those who do, of course icon_smile
Last edited by Foodies, 7:50 PM on Apr 23, 2013
12:54 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Volke Aeno
Defender
Volke Aeno is a moderator.Volke Aeno wrote an exemplary guide.Volke Aeno wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Volke Aeno did something funny.Volke Aeno impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Volke Aeno helped a member with a problem.Volke Aeno keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Volke Aeno helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Volke Aeno defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Volke Aeno overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Volke Aeno won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

I'll start off.

Card Display needs a few promotions and Keepsakes updated.

10/10 moderating skills.
12:58 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
CT Chibo
People Know Me
CT Chibo passed a Tournament Host Certification test.CT Chibo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.CT Chibo helped a member with a problem.CT Chibo wrote an exemplary guide.CT Chibo wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

This isn't a glitch, but I feel that something new needs to be added to the cards. There are already tons of cards. Like, a lot of them lol. The fact that they have delved into texture hacks just shows that ideas are running low, and frankly look tacky most of the time. Adding cards won't solve the issue I think.

I think more features need to be added to cards to really bump the system. What that is yet, I don't know. We can already trade (which is cool), and the forge is neat (though I'm not too sure how it works lmao), so lets think of something new. Ideally if a battle or game mode could somehow be added, that would be ideal, but I'm not sure how it would work.

Perhaps other effects cards can have, like effects on your profile. Or you can tie the coin system into the site, such as buying name changes, etc. Use the card system as like an economy sort of thing, sort of like how cards in RL can be for battling or collecting (collecting which in turn is for like an economy). Have the ability to buy other features on the site with coins gained from the card system. Be able to sell cards to other people. Maybe a marketplace?
1:06 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Sylarius
Smart
Sylarius impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Sylarius has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

Bytan card, not sure if it's a typo but it says "multiplay" instead of "multiply
Green Paratroopa doesn't have apostrophes in the words "its" and "dont".
Roturret - "Dispite" needs to be changed to "Despite"
(Shell) Shellpod "lolng"? Don't know what that is.
(Thundercloud) Spaak - "wiht" needs to be spelled "with"

Also Chibo's idea is nice. ^^
1:13 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Volke Aeno
Defender
Volke Aeno is a moderator.Volke Aeno wrote an exemplary guide.Volke Aeno wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Volke Aeno did something funny.Volke Aeno impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Volke Aeno helped a member with a problem.Volke Aeno keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Volke Aeno helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Volke Aeno defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!Volke Aeno overcame every obstacle and bested the site's Pokémon League with the unlikeliest of teams!Volke Aeno won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Quote (originally posted by Sylarius):
Bytan card, not sure if it's a typo but it says "multiplay" instead of "multiply
Green Paratroopa doesn't have apostrophes in the words "its" and "dont".
Roturret - "Dispite" needs to be changed to "Despite"
(Shell) Shellpod "lolng"? Don't know what that is.
(Thundercloud) Spaak - "wiht" needs to be spelled "with"

Also Chibo's idea is nice. ^^

I think lolng should be long, in that context.

10/10 moderating skills.
1:22 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Parace L.sia
Karaoke Singer
Parace L.sia helped a member with a problem.Parace L.sia participated in the Karaoke Contest!

Kinda wondering about the rest of The Assist Trophies Lke-
"Excitebike
"Dr. Wright
"Mr. Resetti
"Samurai Goroh
1:29 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
-Wedding Dress Mannie-
Almost Famous
-Wedding Dress Mannie- helped a member with a problem.

maybe have all the other colors for the characters somehow?

Golden Ike would be pretty awesome
1:30 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Not really a spelling mistake, but I think http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/122.png description is a bit redundant. I mean I get it, he is fast.

Not really an all-important thing, but ya know.

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Quote (originally posted by Volke Aeno):
Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

1:35 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Volke Aeno
Defender

Yeah, guys, this thread is for errors with current cards. I think it'd be better if we could take suggestions to other threads. Maybe even make a general suggestions thread.

10/10 moderating skills.
1:46 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Soreru
Famous

stuff like not getting coins or cards where you did forge for -__-
1:50 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/1018.png Spelling mistake, should be "its body" Not it's
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/1019.png The word chef shouldn't be capitalized.
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/169.png Not sure about this one, but shouldn't it be "the legendary sword: The Mani Katti" instead of a comma?
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/3.png should every word be capitalized?

Quote (originally posted by Detective Dizzy):
You Americans get so much done when PSN is down.

Fand, if you're gonna be a demon with no experience you have to start somewhere.
They don't pay you 7 figure wages of power at the entry level jobs.

Anyway, [Unreadable Name of Frog] eats Unknown Hedgehog. The end.
I wish.

You made 4 random chance typos at once.

Last edited by Fandangox, 1:56 PM on Mar 01, 2012
1:52 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Soreru
Famous

I also noticed that if I cancel a recycle  I still can't use forge cards.
2:03 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Tiamat475
War is Over
Tiamat475 has referred new users to the site.Tiamat475 did something funny.Tiamat475 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Tiamat475 helped a member with a problem.

Slight spelling error, but my name is misspelled for: http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/939.png

The a and the i should be switched. It's 'Tiamat475' not 'Taimat475'
2:11 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Miles of SmashWiki
Smash PhD
Miles of SmashWiki watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Miles of SmashWiki did something funny.Miles of SmashWiki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Miles of SmashWiki helped a member with a problem.Miles of SmashWiki keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1836143#p1836143
2:24 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
hotdogturtle
Grandmaster
hotdogturtle is a moderator in the Stadium section!hotdogturtle has provided valuable testing services for the website.hotdogturtle is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.hotdogturtle did something funny.hotdogturtle impressed a staff member by doing something smart.hotdogturtle helped a member with a problem.hotdogturtle has referred new users to the site.hotdogturtle wrote an exemplary guide.hotdogturtle wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!hotdogturtle keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.hotdogturtle won a Custom Texture Contest! hotdogturtle defeated the site's Pokémon League Champion in a Pokémon battle!hotdogturtle won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!hotdogturtle contributed to the Stadium community.hotdogturtle has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/927.png
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/985.png
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/1001.png
My name should be lowercase on all of these.

http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/290.png
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/287.png
http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/289.png
These cards should be credited to me, not Midnite, since I took the pictures.
3:02 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
zae26
Team Chemistry!
zae26 helped a member with a problem.zae26 won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Does Illus. means the person that took/made the picture...if so, I did this one.

http://allisbrawl.com/img/cards/1261.png

Proof: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=168801
3:05 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Raffi-X
S-Class
Raffi-X has provided valuable testing services for the website.Raffi-X wrote an exemplary guide.Raffi-X did something funny.Raffi-X helped a member with a problem.Raffi-X keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Raffi-X participated in the Karaoke Contest!Raffi-X has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Raffi-X gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Raffi-X won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

Raffi-Y
3:21 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Palutenas Finest - Admiral Pit
Veteran
Palutenas Finest - Admiral Pit did something funny.Palutenas Finest - Admiral Pit impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Palutenas Finest - Admiral Pit helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Palutenas Finest - Admiral Pit contributed to the Stadium community.

Female Wire frame:
-Description has "Female wire" on it, though the words should be separate. Not sure how you want Wire Frame capitalized like the later description of it-- "Male Wire Frame"

Bellossom
-The Description has "Sweet Scent" on it, rather than "Sleep Powder" I believe.

s1 Donkey Kong
-The Description has the word "Well" capitalized, though it probably shouldn't be. Minor, but still.

Melee Falco
-Description: "highly" is misspelled, as "higly"

Gray Fox
-Description: I believe the word "earn" is misspelled "earm"

Blue Ivysaur
-The word "Just" is supposed to be capitalized, right?

Green Ivysaur
-There should be an apostrophe after the word "opponents" I believe

Green Kirby
-The word "loosten" is supposed to be spelled "loosen".

Red Link
-Replacing "Red suit" with "Goran Tonic" would seem more fitting.

Lyndis
-"Plains" may seem more fitting capitalized.

Critical Hit (Marth FS)
-Description: "in mod cases." should be changed to "in most cases.".

Blue Ness
-"power house" can be 1 word.

Green Pit
-Replace "knows you steal" with "know you're stealing" or something of that nature.

Diffusion Beam (ROB FS)
-"lazer" was supposed to be spelled "laser"

Zero Laser (Samus FS)
-Description: "revealing her the Zero Suit"... You can remove either the word "her" or "the", though keeping "her" seems more fitting.

Suicune
-Not sure if it is right, but I think it's Ice Beam rather than Aurora (which is actually meaning colorful) Beam.

Togepi
-"cuse" supposed to be spelled "cause".

Green TL
-"Rodger" to be spelled "Roger".

Weavile
-I always thought it was "Quick Attack" rather than False Swipe, but who knows?

Green Zelda
-Capitalize "Wind".

Green ZSS
-"Aaron Samus" to "Samus Aran".

Other:
You ever notice that on some cards, the font of the name of the card may be smaller than others?
Examples

-Bowser: Red Bowser's font seems larger than the other 2 team colors.
-Falcon: Blue's font is larger than the other 2 teams.

Most likely, the cards with the larger font are the Series 3 team colors as opposed to the smaller-font Series 4 team colors.

And that's all I could see for the Character section.
3:29 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
E.Nigma
The Grand Funk Master of all Get Out.
E.Nigma has provided valuable testing services for the website.E.Nigma doth crush dreams.E.Nigma is Mewtwo.E.Nigma is Dr. Cain's only mistake.E.Nigma keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.E.Nigma has referred new users to the site.E.Nigma wrote an exemplary guide.E.Nigma wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!E.Nigma made significant contributions to all areas of the website!E.Nigma did something funny.E.Nigma impressed a staff member by doing something smart.E.Nigma helped a member with a problem.E.Nigma gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.E.Nigma contributed to the Stadium community.

Ok yeah. Let's keep suggestions on how to make the TCG better to another topic. Mostly because NEAL would have to be the one to integrate it into the website. I don't exactly have that much power over it in terms of making it do other things than what it already does.

As for spelling errors, keep'em comin.

As for Illustrators: If your image was used and the card wasn't accredited to you I apologize. It's not that we just "stole" your work but we have tons and TONS of images and of those images weren't saved with a creator's name we just credited the person who put the entire card together. We had no intention of stealing anyone's work and we can fix it icon_smile

Also, to address the glitched days where you didn't receive cards. That wasn't the TCG's fault. That was due to the whole AIB crashing a lot thing that neal fixed recently. There's nothing I can do about it, sorry. You're not the only ones who didn't receive cards for a certain day. EVERYONE had those problems.
3:47 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Raffi-X
S-Class
Raffi-X has provided valuable testing services for the website.Raffi-X wrote an exemplary guide.Raffi-X did something funny.Raffi-X helped a member with a problem.Raffi-X keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Raffi-X participated in the Karaoke Contest!Raffi-X has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy. Raffi-X gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.Raffi-X won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!

melee fox card there's an extra space between "with" and "his"
Last edited by Raffi-X, 3:49 PM on Mar 01, 2012
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss