Juice Gaming and Izze Present: Concentrate IV! - Fort Lee, New Jersey; March 1, 2012

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11:36 PM Feb 28 2012 2012
Raptor
Best on My Block
Raptor did something funny.Raptor helped a member with a problem.

A tourney host in LI. Sucks, wish I coulda made it to both. Good luck with this tourney, although Im sure it will get decent attendance :)
11:55 PM Feb 28 2012 2012
Peterdinosaurous
Peterdinosaurous is a moderator.Peterdinosaurous has provided valuable testing services for the website.Peterdinosaurous wrote an exemplary guide.Peterdinosaurous did something funny.Peterdinosaurous helped a member with a problem.Peterdinosaurous keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Peterdinosaurous participated in the Karaoke Contest!

gonna try to maybe find a way to this...no promises yet tho
2:51 AM Feb 29 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

No offense to dul, but this stream and tourney gets national attention.
3:05 AM Feb 29 2012 2012
CT Vinnie
Rookie
CT Vinnie passed a Tournament Host Certification test.CT Vinnie is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.CT Vinnie did something funny.CT Vinnie impressed a staff member by doing something smart.CT Vinnie wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

It doesn't matter which tourney is "better". I feel like I should support Dul's tourney over this one, because you guys hosted over LIRR2 with Concentrate 3, so I cancelled mine just to make things easier. Dul has had this date since January, so I'm going to support his tourney. Good luck with yours, though.
10:52 AM Feb 29 2012 2012
CoonTail
In the Spotlight
CoonTail rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.CoonTail is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

VSorry guys but I'm with L.I. on this one, his tourney was up quite a bit of time ahead of yours and the complete disregard for it was pretty unthoughtful.

Either way hope C4 goes well.
7:28 PM Feb 29 2012 2012
theDuL0R

Who is Dul?? You weren't saying that back in December....especially on Will's Facebook Status about Skyward Sword. Believe you called me a noob for no reason?? And I remember saying to Will, that you had no idea who I was so I didn't know why you were saying that LOL.

AND A BIG SHOUTOUT TO ALL OF LI COMING OUT AND SUPPORTING THE LOCAL SCENE!!!
<3 CoonTail
<3 Vinnie
<3 Raptor
8:11 PM Feb 29 2012 2012
CoonTail
In the Spotlight
CoonTail rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.CoonTail is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Ok well I am not looking to add gas to a grease fire here, all I am gonna say is that Dul you did blantantly have the tourney page for Brawl it out up before this and even managed to work with DA on sorting dates out.

This could have been resolved in a cleaner fashion......
8:36 PM Feb 29 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

No offense dude, but I don't know who you are, and realistically, I don't give a ****. Doom, nor I even want to really run this, but we do ti, because it's the only real exposure east coast gets. We don't just put this together so people will pay attention to us; I think we get enough as it is, honestly. The fact is, we do this for the community, and it takes a lot of effort to coordinate sponsors (which we should have coming) our venue and our streamer who provides hands down the best Smash Stream in the country to all have off and all be ready to get this done on the same day. It takes way more than finding some venue out where hardly anyone lives and asking a store owner to let us host a tourney there.

This venue is bred for hosting. The collect TVs for us, they have tons of other stations, they have drinks and food in the venue, and great dining choices nearby.

Now, if the random TO wants to get mad because we didn't see his page until after the fact, then you all should be mad with him. Mad at the fact that we're busting our asses for the local scene, and this kid doesn't start advertising until he has competition. Then he comes into our page and starts trying to bash us. You're more than welcome to support whomever you feel like it, but (This especially goes out to Vinnie and Will) you should realize that this tournament gets not only national attention from multiple outlets, but increases the hype of the community and our chance at sponsors.

Vinnie complained nonstop about how he couldn't make a living off of Brawl, even when winning. There's a major reason for that: No hype. Too many tourneys that people don't travel to. Too many crappy livestreams, or tourneys without streams at all. Honestly, at this point, you might as well go to someone's house with 4-5~ people and fest it out.

It doesn't help with have TOs these days who cancel tournaments and don't tell anyone. There's a limit to how much this can grow in it's current state, and that's why Doom, Ether, myself, and the rest of Juice work so hard for. It's to keep the scene growing. Not to break the status quo.

Realistically, we'll just cancel the event if you guys are going to try and form this rift and battle against us. Seriously, we don't make anything off of doing this, and I could much more easily spend my Saturday home with my girlfriend.

Also, he makes a point to mention a facebook status? How am I supposed to corraborate the nigh ethereal identity of someone I've never met while on facebook to a person I didn't even know existed on allisbrawl? I suppose again that's my fault for him not being able to network properly?

Lastly, despite him (apparently?) having listed this first, we have double the amount of people planning to attend. Not to say that either number is impressive, it's mroe to allude to the fact that he's had longer than us to plan, and no one seems to even know it was going on. Doom and I didn't even see his event until people started saying something. Make sure to keep us posted. We need to email a lot of people if you guys aren't going to attend.
8:46 PM Feb 29 2012 2012
CoonTail
In the Spotlight

Well DM I do totally understand it just seemed like any kind of resolution was being avoided between Dul and you guys. I specifically stated that I didn't want to add gas to a grease fire because this is getting a bit out of hand. So for the record I'm ot looking for a fight and have a lot of respect for what you and Doom have done. This time thought I will have to side with Dul and go to brawl it out.
12:21 AM Mar 1 2012 2012
Raptor
Best on My Block
Raptor did something funny.Raptor helped a member with a problem.

DM, we're not really trying to battle with you guys even if it does seem that way. Tbh, everyone here in LI is very close to each other and we treat each other as family so when something like this happens it's natural for us to want to support our own. Dulor has helped us out a lot before especially with bringing setups and has had the tourney up since January. It just wouldn't feel right to ditch him when we already told him we would be there. And yes I understand that Juice has helped the smash community a lot more but you guys will be able to do fine without us. It's Concentrate, like you said it gets national attention, so cancelling because of us wouldn't be the greatest idea.
4:41 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

Due to a lot of interest, we're adding a minus side event! We'll cap this at 24 entrants. More details to come!
4:44 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
ksizzle4life
Veteran
ksizzle4life is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

vVv minus HYPE! ill request off work for this tonight and on the slim chance they deny it, ILL CALL OUT!

ill bring a setup too. probably teaming with gunblade since i owe him.
4:56 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
CT Chibo
People Know Me
CT Chibo passed a Tournament Host Certification test.CT Chibo is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.CT Chibo helped a member with a problem.CT Chibo wrote an exemplary guide.CT Chibo wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Why would you do minus, but not like a 16p capped doubles event?
4:58 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
Zucco
Welcome to Earth
Zucco is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Zucco did something funny.Zucco impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Zucco helped a member with a problem.Zucco has referred new users to the site.

becuz dats gay
5:01 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
ksizzle4life
Veteran
ksizzle4life is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

minus is faster and it looks like more people are requesting it, which is what diem said. and becuz dats gay
5:02 PM Mar 1 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

Nobody likes doubles. We polled people, and over half the teams entered because they were killing time for singles. Waste of an event.
11:17 PM Mar 4 2012 2012
Vato_break
People Know Me
Vato_break is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Vato_break did something funny.Vato_break impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Vato_break participated in the Karaoke Contest!

no doubles to keep inui out ;D
1:12 PM Mar 16 2012 2012
juice.Doomastar
Veteran
juice.Doomastar passed a Tournament Host Certification test.juice.Doomastar rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.juice.Doomastar is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.juice.Doomastar wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=135729
1:19 PM Mar 16 2012 2012
juice.Doomastar
Veteran
juice.Doomastar passed a Tournament Host Certification test.juice.Doomastar rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.juice.Doomastar is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.juice.Doomastar wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

v IMPORTANT, please read it!
10:14 AM Mar 21 2012 2012
TOTH

I'll come if I find a ride
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Quick Jump
rss