Stream Box

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
2:16 PM Mar 8 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Stream Box
Known members who have reputable, and awesome streams should have a special option to post to the front page's streaming now, when they activate their stream.  Cuts out the middle man.
2:22 PM Mar 8 2012 2012
Miles of SmashWiki
Smash PhD
Miles of SmashWiki watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Miles of SmashWiki did something funny.Miles of SmashWiki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Miles of SmashWiki helped a member with a problem.Miles of SmashWiki keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

The middle man on this is pretty efficient. Let me, hdt, or any admin know when a stream goes live and it'll go up.
2:10 AM Mar 9 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President
dmbrandon passed a Tournament Host Certification test.dmbrandon rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.dmbrandon rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.dmbrandon is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.dmbrandon did something funny.dmbrandon impressed a staff member by doing something smart.dmbrandon wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Middle men are never effective. People who stream a lot probably don't want to as another step to the process.

The admins are barely on.
5:05 AM Mar 9 2012 2012
Gardex
I Won the Game
Gardex rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Gardex did something funny.Gardex impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Gardex helped a member with a problem.Gardex won a Screenshot of the Week Contest!Gardex has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

A streaming page on AiB would be pretty cool.

I believe this has been suggested earlier, and has been considered, right?
11:09 AM Mar 9 2012 2012
Miles of SmashWiki
Smash PhD
Miles of SmashWiki watched the unlikely run of the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals culminate in the happiest of flights.Miles of SmashWiki did something funny.Miles of SmashWiki impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Miles of SmashWiki helped a member with a problem.Miles of SmashWiki keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Full individual streaming pages can be made but are a real hassle to put together, and the admins usually reserve that for major national or international events.

As for just a link in the streaming box on the Main Page, there are plenty of active users like myself who have that capability. However, based on what other things that power lets me access, I doubt the admins would open that up to other users. There's a lot of important things there.
12:34 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

The current Streaming Now box cannot be opened up to regular users for the reasons Miles has said. It would be nice to have an automated solution for posting livestream links like they do on TeamLiquid. I'll see how much work that will be. Warning: it will probably be a lot.
3:45 PM Mar 9 2012 2012
dmbrandon
Not my Vice-President

That's I mean. (I think)

Reputable members should have a button to click when they're streaming, that puts them on the front page. I think they should lack the ability to edit the link they post though, without admin approval. Just in case.
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss