Content Team's Call of Duty

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
Posted at 12:57 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!
Content Team's Call of Duty
Many of you have noticed that the flow of content on this site has become sluggish. Sure a few more articles are getting posted here and there, but it's certainly not enough, and many of you have requested that the Content Team step up its game. Well folks, I'm here today to tell you all that the revitalization starts now. It's time to make the front page lively again!

For starters, Miles of SmashWiki and I took a look at all of the members we had and purged all of the ones that were inactive. After cleaning house, we were left with a small (but awesome) core of individuals to bring you, the readers, content. However, this core lacks the numbers and types of contributors we need to truly bring you the rebirth of all that is good, amazing, and holy in AiB Content Land. That's why this article has been made: to fill the potholes and recruit new members. We're looking for bright, new faces that are willing to be active writers and contribute top-notch content that the community wants to read, and we're hoping some of you answer the call!

To make the selection process easier and clarify what we're looking for, we've divided the content we wish to produce into four sections (with descriptions for each). Here's the list to choose from:

1. Offline Tournament Coverage: Writers in this category will be expected to write about upcoming tournaments, participate in covering major events (Apex, WHOBO, SiiS, etc.)via things like live blogs and Twitter updates, post tournament wrap-up articles and information compilations, cover general happenings for smash scenes in various regions, and so on. Note: This is what we'll be recruiting the most applicants for, as content's been bone dry for this category and we want to do better.

2. Interviews: Content like this requires aspiring content contributors who like to be sociable, are up on the scene, and have the ability to ask questions the community wants to hear! As the name implies, this is the category for those who wish to interview top players, well-known hosts, or any other significant figures in the Smash community.

3. Videos: Tired of replay blogs not getting recommended? Do you have a video camera and regularly record footage of happenings at offline events? Interested in doing a video blog about what's happening in your local scene or the smash community? If so, apply to be a videographer!

4. Miscellaneous: As Enrish mentioned in his article, "Positive Change for AiB," we're going to try to provide entertainment for both the competitive and non-competitive users. All of these users are part of our community, and we want to do our best to cater to them. For this category, we're looking for writers that have ideas for creative pieces of content that'll be engaging, fun, and interesting for everyone. Note: We'll only take a small amount of applicants for this compared to other topics, but don't let that stop you if you've got a great idea! 

Feel free to include anything you want in the application (resumes, sample writings, etc.) that you believe will show us why you deserve a spot. Please note, however, that it's required that you have some idea of what you wish to write about, so please make sure to clearly state it. (And don't put something down just to put something down; while you can easily write articles for more than one category or change from one to another, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WRITE SOMETHING, OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED!) When you feel like you're good to go, send an email to [email protected] (and be sure to include your username!) The deadline for applications will be a week from now, March 27th, at midnight PST. After that time, Miles of SmashWiki, lightlanayru, and I will review the applications, make our decisions, and notify all of the applicants once all decisions have been made.

That's about all there is to it. Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully contribute to make this community better and rebirth of AiB content successful. We hope to see a huge wave of applicants, and good luck to all that apply!
1:00 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Sylarius
Smart
Sylarius impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Sylarius has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.

Great.
1:01 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Mocha
Monster Hunter
Mocha has referred new users to the site.Mocha impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Mocha helped a member with a problem.Mocha keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Mocha won a Signature of the Week contest!

I'm looking forward to writing a tournament coverage for Whobo icon_smile
1:02 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Dahniska
Castle Made of Sand
Dahniska has referred new users to the site.Dahniska did something funny.Dahniska impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Dahniska helped a member with a problem.

Hopefully you guys can find some good people to work on this with you.
1:06 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
CatalysT Zodi
Ladder Pro
CatalysT Zodi is a site ladder referee.CatalysT Zodi has provided valuable testing services for the website.CatalysT Zodi Fought in the Grudge Match Friday series, settled their differences with an opponent, and came out on top.CatalysT Zodi helped a member with a problem.CatalysT Zodi participated in the Karaoke Contest!CatalysT Zodi gathered a group of friends and took down staff in a crew battle.CatalysT Zodi contributed to the Stadium community.

this seems exciting, i would enter but i dont think im a good enough writer for this job
Best of luck tho
1:09 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Tony.1
Friendly

looking forward for this change ill log in more when i recover my COD games =l
1:39 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Yes
Bump
1:39 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Fandangox
Defender
Fandangox rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Fandangox did something funny.Fandangox impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Fandangox keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Fandangox has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Yes
Bump
1:54 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
LEGOF
Profile Illuminator
LEGOF rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.LEGOF keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.LEGOF participated in the Karaoke Contest!

Sounds promising. I'll be sure to give it a shot.
1:54 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Apex Ori
Tons of Damage
Apex Ori is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Apex Ori impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Apex Ori helped a member with a problem.Apex Ori has referred new users to the site.Apex Ori won a Signature of the Week contest!

Sending an app after class today, im hyped.
2:07 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Horsy
Tournament Administrator
Horsy is a Tournament Administrator for the site.Horsy has provided valuable testing services for the website.Horsy has referred new users to the site.Horsy wrote an exemplary guide.Horsy did something funny.Horsy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Horsy helped a member with a problem.Horsy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Horsy helped Mouse with development by contributing their time to the cause instead of just bugging him to fix everything.Horsy contributed to the Stadium community.

Good luck to all the applicants! ^_~

I hope to see a huge spike increase of qualified applicants on our team. We dearly need them. (=
2:41 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Illmatic.
Spread the Love
Illmatic. cheated on the Ladder. Don't bother playing this person.
"Pumpkin Eater"

Definitely applying.
2:45 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Kakashi of the Sharingan
Kakashi of the Sharingan rooted for the $208,097,414 New York Yankees 2009 championship team.Kakashi of the Sharingan did something funny.Kakashi of the Sharingan impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Kakashi of the Sharingan helped a member with a problem.Kakashi of the Sharingan won a Custom Texture Contest! Kakashi of the Sharingan has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Good luck to all applicants!
2:48 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
GentleRain
GentleRain has referred new users to the site.GentleRain wrote an exemplary guide.GentleRain helped a member with a problem.GentleRain won a Large Art of the Month contest!

Can't wait to see whats in store : ), good luck to everyone whose applying icon_biggrin.
3:26 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
super beans
The Very Best
super beans is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

thought this had to do with call of duty, now im sad icon_sad
3:50 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Bladedfire96
Friendly

I can and do abuse my twitter, But I dont attend tornaments xC
6:22 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
SFA Wafty
Hazardous
SFA Wafty did something funny.

i could be a videographer for the AZ smash scene.
7:02 PM Mar 20 2012 2012
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra
Sage
Eternal Mangekyo Zebra impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Aww i thought we were getting a COD widget =/
2:11 PM Mar 22 2012 2012
Redblaze27

What about other sorts of content like widgets?
10:14 PM Mar 22 2012 2012
Invinciboy
Kill It With Fire!
Invinciboy is a programmer for the site.Invinciboy has provided valuable testing services for the website.Invinciboy wants to pour gasoline on Kirby and set it ablaze!Invinciboy has referred new users to the site.Invinciboy wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!Invinciboy made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Invinciboy did something funny.Invinciboy impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Invinciboy helped a member with a problem.Invinciboy keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.Invinciboy participated in the Karaoke Contest!Invinciboy has an eye for classic game sprites and a head for modern gaming's legacy.

Widgets are up to neal. We have no control over that.

Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss