SOTW #15 ROBOTS Winners

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2 3
9:45 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Quote (originally posted by Stacey):
Actually, I woulden't because most of the time I don't deserve to win, this is the only one I've deserve to win.
This time I didn't deserve to win but someone else did.
If I win next time I'll be suspicious because it would seem like they made me win just to shut me up.

Stacey, you did not deserve to win this SOTW. Your entry was NOT up there with the winners. The background was ugly and the rain animation is overdone. Rain animation put into sigs like that take no artistic ability and is not what I consider to be art at all. As for your still entry, it uses the same type of background except stretched at a different angle. There is absolutely NO flow and the text looks freakishly out of place.

Umm no, Aberz makes really simple sigs and almsot all of the other etnries are better than his.

But there is a size limit on the animated entries, that rule suddenly does not matter? Does that mean none of the other rules matter also?

Anonoymous entries and anonymous judging makes it so you cannot cheat it because you don't know who the judges and the judges don't know who entered.

@Violation: Your animated entry was too big for this contest by 67kb.

Simple, but well designed. Maybe you can learn something from him.

It matters unless we specifically give them an exception.

lol. Just keep living in that world. It doesn't work. There are only so many people that want to judge the SOTW and only a handful of entrants.
Last edited by LadyMartel, 9:49 PM on Aug 30, 2008
9:48 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Black Waltz
Featured Sig Maker
Black Waltz won a Signature of the Week contest!

this is the only one I've deserve to win.

huh?

anyways, i'll tell you why I didn't vote for firebomb.
his sig looks rather monotonous in terms of color use. there's a splash of color here and there, but not really enough to make it "dazzle". dont really like the border. it's not that his was bad, it was actually pretty good; it's just that there were other sigs that were more appealing in design.

hope this didn't offend you, firebomb.
9:52 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement
Stacey wrote an exemplary guide.Stacey has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Stacey spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.

Quote (originally posted by Black Waltz):
huh?

anyways, i'll tell you why I didn't vote for firebomb.
his sig looks rather monotonous in terms of color use. there's a splash of color here and there, but not really enough to make it "dazzle". dont really like the border. it's not that his was bad, it was actually pretty good; it's just that there were other sigs that were more appealing in design.

hope this didn't offend you, firebomb.

Oh oopsie doodles, I deserve to win the animation one because Violation's entry is too big. The still I didn't deserve to win XD

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
Stacey, you did not deserve to win this SOTW. Your entry was NOT up there with the winners. The background was ugly and the rain animation is overdone. Rain animation put into sigs like that take no artistic ability and is not what I consider to be art at all. As for your still entry, it uses the same type of background except stretched at a different angle. There is absolutely NO flow and the text looks freakishly out of place.

Simple, but well designed. Maybe you can learn something from him.

It matters unless we specifically give them an exception.

lol. Just keep living in that world. It doesn't work. There are only so many people that want to judge the SOTW and only a handful of entrants.

My animated entry was second place, the first place was too big and should have been disqualified but it wasn't. The still did not deserve to win.

Simple but well designed? No comment.

There should be no exceptions to the rules.

Randomly pick the judges everytime without giving anybody else notification, if they want to judge you can pick them or not. It should be a random pick on judges (Who should remain annonoymous), then annonoymous entries. Nobody knows who is juding or who is entering.
Last edited by Stacey, 9:59 PM on Aug 30, 2008
9:53 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Violation
Featured Sig Maker
Violation did something funny.Violation won a Signature of the Week contest!

Actually, I woulden't because most of the time I don't deserve to win, this is the only one I've deserve to win.
If I win next time I'll be suspicious because it would seem like they made me win just to shut me up.

Mhm.  Well good luck.
10:03 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
LadyMartel
Virtuoso
LadyMartel has referred new users to the site.LadyMartel made significant contributions to all areas of the website!LadyMartel did something funny.LadyMartel helped a member with a problem.LadyMartel won a Signature of the Week contest!

Oh oopsie doodles, I deserve to win the animation one because Violation's entry is too big. The still I didn't deserve to win XD

My animated entry was second place, the first place was too big and should have been disqualified but it wasn't. The still did not deserve to win.

Simple but well designed? No comment.

There should be no exceptions to the rules.

Randomly pick the judges everytime without giving anybody else notification, if they want to judge you can pick them or not. It should be a random pick on judges (Who should remain annonoymous), then annonoymous entries. Nobody knows who is juding or who is entering.

Second place or 2nd to last. lol.

I don't know how you live your life, but we mods do have lives you know. Random picking judges every freaking week is time consuming. 

Now I totally see why you got the badge whore and troll badge. Suits you really well.
Last edited by LadyMartel, 10:03 PM on Aug 30, 2008
10:14 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
Stacey
Walking Advertisement
Stacey wrote an exemplary guide.Stacey has a combined score of 100,000 feet (30,480 m) in Brawl's Home Run Contest or 60,000 feet (18,288 m) in Melee's Home Run Contest.Stacey spent way too much time obtaining the maximum score of 999,999,999 points in Brawl's All Star mode.

Quote (originally posted by LadyMartel):
Second place or 2nd to last. lol. 

I don't know how you live your life, but we mods do have lives you know. Random picking judges every freaking week is time consuming.  

Now I totally see why you got the badge whore and troll badge. Suits you really well.

In this case, second and second to last are the same lol.

I don't think it would be time consuming, just pm 13 random people out of the art district and tell them to respond back. If they don't respond back in w/e time you choose pick somebody else after notifying the person who didn't respond. It would take probably 5 minutes to pick out 13 people randomly. Then theres that whole week before deadly closes to fix anything.

Actually I got them because I asked but now I see myself deserving one of them.
Last edited by Stacey, 10:14 PM on Aug 30, 2008
10:17 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
LadyMartel
Virtuoso

In this case, second and second to last are the same lol.

I don't think it would be time consuming, just pm 13 random people out of the art district and tell them to respond back. If they don't respond back in w/e time you choose pick somebody else after notifying the person who didn't respond. It would take probably 5 minutes to pick out 13 people randomly. Then theres that whole week before deadly closes to fix anything.

Actually I got them because I asked but now I see myself deserving one of them.

In any case, if first place did in fact get disqualified, then we would not give out badges because there weren't the minimal of 3 entries. And honestly, I liked 3rd place better than yours. LOL. XP

We'll get like 2 judges every round. Again, people aren't online all day long to check their private messages, you know. Also, they can tell their friends that they are judges and whatever. Honestly, I don't see why you care so freaking much. Oh, and that's 5 minutes of my life I don't feel the need to give to the internet.

The badge whore yes.

haha. locked.
Last edited by LadyMartel, 10:24 PM on Aug 30, 2008
10:56 PM Aug 30 2008 2008
nealdt
Bonafide
nealdt created the "All is" network, "possibly the best thing since sliced bread."nealdt passed a Tournament Host Certification test.nealdt has provided valuable testing services for the website.nealdt is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.nealdt made significant contributions to all areas of the website!nealdt did something funny.nealdt impressed a staff member by doing something smart.nealdt has referred new users to the site.nealdt wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!nealdt helped a member with a problem.nealdt keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Sorry Stacey. I looked at the voting thread and everyone gave good, solid reasons for their votes. You didn't win. Move along.
Page: 1 2 3

Quick Jump
rss