Offensive smasher vs. Defensive Smasher

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1 2
10:12 PM Dec 21 2008 2008
Metzo
Famous

Offensive smasher vs. Defensive Smasher
I would have to say defensive smasher is really cheap cuz all they would do is roll and sheild grab
but some how it actually works out cuz the offensive smasher always goes for it and gets punished for it.
Brawl sucks
9:10 AM Dec 22 2008 2008
phazon
phazon contributed to the Stadium community.

Then the offensive player isn't using sufficient mindgames.
Click here for British Melee records!
3:38 PM Dec 22 2008 2008
Mac
Friendly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qo9MgJdIFY

I heart camping
7:02 PM Dec 22 2008 2008
Tomacawk
Tomacawk is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Quote (originally posted by KAB):
I would have to say defensive smasher is really cheap cuz all they would do is roll and sheild grab
but some how it actually works out cuz the offensive smasher always goes for it and gets punished for it.

then the offensive player should:
spam projectiles
approach with a jc grab
approach without a fastfall on a short hop aerial and land behind the shield camper
dashdance outside of shield range so their shield gets weak
dash towards shield camper and wavedash back just before getting into range
etc.
It works because you play without thinking.
Midwest melee player [Springfield, IL area]
Last edited by Tomacawk, 7:03 PM on Dec 22, 2008
10:36 AM Dec 23 2008 2008
Kuru McGuru
He is Entertainer!!
Kuru McGuru did something funny.Kuru McGuru keeps people entertained by hosting fun events.

Wouldn't playing without thinking cause major punishment =P? If ur not thinking u could accidentally walk off the field XD
1:06 AM Dec 25 2008 2008
MuraRengan
Featured Blogger
MuraRengan wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!MuraRengan did something funny.MuraRengan helped a member with a problem.

TC sounds like he sucks. No offense. The person you described will never beat anyone with even a minute level of skill.

"People who say all you need is love are crazy. All you really need in life is Captain Falcon." - joenopride
2:11 AM Dec 28 2008 2008
pixelbind

Offensive player makes the player feel pressured and stops him from utilizing an effective playing style. (hard to do since brawl is sorta new) So for now defensive player wins.
4:11 AM Dec 29 2008 2008
Kaizen
Kaizen is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Kaizen has referred new users to the site.

Then the offensive smasher isn't being offensive enough. He needs to offend the defensive smasher into getting overly defensive so he makes a mistake. The offensive player should say lewd comments about his opponent's mother.
7:02 PM Jan 1 2009 2009
Gabz

It should be mixed, depending on how and when. Now how and when to be offensive and defensive.
the pride of a sword depends on the one who wields it. I fight for/against my friends.
10:31 PM Jan 3 2009 2009
Player-0
Player-0 impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Player-0 helped a member with a problem.Player-0 won a Signature of the Week contest!

wining is wining
losing is losing
1:45 AM Jan 4 2009 2009
Choknater
Choknater is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

haha, "wining"

whining is too good

some of the best offensive smashers were ken and DSW

defensive? i'd have to say hugs, drephen were really good.

everyone else is pretty much a balanced player, with falco and fox mains leaning toward the more aggressive and slower, more spacy chars being more aggressive

ahaha

spacie vs spacy
3:12 PM Jan 4 2009 2009
Not PD
People Know Me
Not PD helped a member with a problem.

brawl = camp
no point in playing it seriously
7:25 PM Jan 4 2009 2009
Dr. Boom
Baller

yeah i mean if ur gonna be gay then gtfo
i use diddy so dam i gotta be hella offensive on ther asses cuz then they try to run away from me
11:11 PM Jan 29 2009 2009
JERE
Party Animal

Quote (originally posted by hichez):
wining is wining
losing is losing

Epic quote is epic.

But seriously, boom, diddy isn't all about offensiveness,
I mean sure, there's bananas and the need to kill fast, but
mindgaming em is much more fun.

If offensive is always offensive and defensive is always defensive, sounds like a stalemate to me.
But I'm sure no matter their grouping, if they can mindgame, they win.
12:53 AM Feb 6 2009 2009
Kaostar
The Very Best
Kaostar is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Kaostar impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by Tomacawk):
then the offensive player should:
spam projectiles
approach with a jc grab
approach without a fastfall on a short hop aerial and land behind the shield camper
dashdance outside of shield range so their shield gets weak
dash towards shield camper and wavedash back just before getting into range
etc.
It works because you play without thinking.

my ninjas right. Simpe things like attacking thru your opponent eliminate shield grab, also some characters like DK have things they can hit behind with such as bair out of shield. but yea if they decrease their movement just increase yours. If your opponent allows u to roam freely try some wavelands and grab them from behind or wait for their shield to get low and then attack and get a shield poke. Its good to kno how to defend but defensive play styles are boring to watch and play. :-( nuff said lol
Mew3:the Ascension-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q32m36AbNk
12:56 AM Feb 6 2009 2009
Kaostar
The Very Best
Kaostar is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Kaostar impressed a staff member by doing something smart.

Quote (originally posted by boomshakalaka):
yeah i mean if ur gonna be gay then gtfo
i use diddy so dam i gotta be hella offensive on ther asses cuz then they try to run away from me

dude this is soooo not the place for u. this is a melee thread. in brawl everything is defensive including the title screen
Mew3:the Ascension-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q32m36AbNk
3:04 AM Feb 8 2009 2009
Bailey
Best on My Block
Bailey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.

Obvious bad is ovious
9:35 PM Jul 21 2009 2009
Shroomed

offensive players are the best

im an offensive player =D
11:02 PM Jul 21 2009 2009
Zjiin
Shark
Zjiin is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Zjiin did something funny.Zjiin has referred new users to the site.Zjiin wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by kaosfdt):
dude this is soooo not the place for u. this is a melee thread. in brawl everything is defensive including the title screen

Actually, i think everything about brawl is offensive, hahaha.
8:55 AM Jul 22 2009 2009
Problem2
I Gots Jokes
Problem2 is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Problem2 did something funny.Problem2 wrote a blog entry that was featured on the site!

Quote (originally posted by Zjiin):
Actually, i think everything about brawl is offensive, hahaha.
How so?
Page: 1 2

Quick Jump
rss