Video Section F.A.Q.

Subscribe to this topic.

Topic

Page: 1
3:00 AM Jul 24 2008 2008
Grey
Honorably Discharged
Grey has provided valuable testing services for the website.Grey owns a Zune by choice, because iPods are superfluous and iTunes is counter intuitive.Grey rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Grey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Grey made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Grey did something funny.Grey impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Grey helped a member with a problem.Grey has referred new users to the site.

Video Section F.A.Q.
I. What is the video library?
  • The All is Brawl video library is a tool for organizing Smash videos much more effectively than Youtube or other video sites. You're welcome.

II. Can I upload videos?
  • Anyone can add videos to the library, regardless of whether they uploaded it originally (though we request you leave the addition of new videos to the video creators).
  • However, we do not store the videos to our own server, or we'd run out of room and money. Any video you wish to upload to our video library must already be uploaded to Youtube.

III. Alright, how do I upload a video then?
  • See that nifty navigation bar at the top of the page beneath the cool-looking "AllisBrawl" banner with Dedede and everyone else? Okay, there's a "Videos" link. Click that.
  • Now, click the "Add a video" link you find.
  • Here, you'll find two separate links- one for a single video, and one for multiple videos. Regardless of which you choose, the way you upload the video will remain the same. For now, I'll assume you clicked "Single".
  • If you click "Single", you'll now choose what game this video is associated with: Brawl, Melee, 64 or "Various". This is a smash-related site, however, your video does not have to be the same. If it isn't from one of these games, pick "Various".
  • Click the bubble next to whatever description applies to your video and click "Continue" in the bottom right.
  • Here's where you need your Youtube video link. Copy and paste it into the bar at the top, then click anywhere in the bar or box below. Watch as AiB magically fills it out with all of the info from its Youtube page! You can leave it as is or edit it (again, we advise that if this video is not yours, you give credit to the person who made it to avoid conflict).
  • Once your video is chosen, scroll down to find the rest of the form to fill out. Pick whatever "Video Type" applies. If you have an alternate link from which someone may download your video, go ahead and post it (this is optional). Then, if your video is in fact Smash-related, type in the amount of players that are involved, their names and the characters they used. This info will make tags for other AiB members to find while searching.
  • Click "Continue" and you video is now posted for everyone to see!

IV. What if I have a group of videos I want posted?
  • When you select the "Multiple Videos" link instead of "Single", the screen you'll be taken to won't look any different than if you had clicked "Single". Pick what game your video is from, or "Various", select what type of video it is, then click "Continue".
  • Now you'll get to decide your album's title and description before you even upload a video. When you click "Continue", your album will be made and ready to have videos added.
  • You do not need an album to post a video. The album feature is simply to group alike videos together (i.e. videos from the same tournament or match).
  • Now, when adding your videos to the album, it's the exact same process as if it were a single video, just multiple times. At any point later, however, you can return to your album and edit, add or delete videos in it by clicking on your album's link from your profile (or just searching for it with the video searchbar) and using the links in the sidebar at the right. You can also merge your album with another album using this sidebar.

V. But when I tried to enter my Youtube link, the info didn't show up.
  • This could be due to a few different reasons:
  • Your link is wrong. Make sure you typed it in correctly, and that it is, indeed, a Youtube link. We can't use any other video site for this feature.
  • The video you're trying to upload has already been uploaded (there should be a bright red notice that appears if this is the case). If this is the case, and this video is indeed YOUR video, contact a moderator to resolve the problem. Do not find the person who posted your video and flame them, as this will most definitely make the moderators much less inclined to actually help you out.
  • You will sometimes be unable to add videos to the library that were uploaded to Youtube within the past 24 hours. This is because Youtube doesn't fully publish the video for some time after the initial upload. Just be patient, not our fault.

VI. What all am I allowed to upload? Are there any restrictions?
  • Basically, you can upload anything. It doesn't have to relate to Smash, or even videogames in general. Just make sure to put it into the right category.
  • Since your video has to make it through the Youtube filter, we're pretty confident it won't have anything too distasteful in it, either. Still, the admins are allowed to delete your video if there's really something in it offensive in it to generate complaints, so just don't do anything stupid.

VII. How can I find videos?
  • On the navigation bar, there's a little arrow by the "Videos" link. Click that to get the videos drop down menu. You can click "New Videos" to look at the most recently posted vids from all the members of AiB, or click "Search", which will take you to a search bar where you can type in what you're looking for and select which category you're trying to find it in.
  • Alternatively, if you know who uploaded the video, you can simply use the video section of their profile to find it. It will be on the left side of their profile.

VIII. What is the Videos section of the forums for?
  • When you upload a video, a topic will automatically be created in the corresponding forum for people to see. This is where all the shoutouts for your video are stored.

IX. How do I get my replays to my computer?
  • Contrary to common belief, you can't take the replay files from your SD card through an SD reader. Those files are simply sets of instructions for your Wii to recreate the match you played. Your computer cannot do anything with these files.
  • You need to get some sort of capturing device; connect your Wii/TV to your computer or a video camera, basically. For more information, visit your local electronics shop. You'll have to buy something in the end anyway.

X. Can I embed my video on my profile page?
  • You can not embed videos onto your profile. Sorry. It's not really needed; this isn't myspace. You already have a free section to put in images and links, so if you have a really cool video that someone should see, just put a big, bold link to it, or an image of the video with a link attached. You can deal with it.
Last edited by Grey, 4:05 PM on Aug 09, 2008
12:03 AM Jul 25 2008 2008
Bob
Popular

A nice thing to add would be to let people know that they can't embed videos onto their profiles. I asked around for weeks before anyone gave me a definite answer. Finally, Neal told me in one of his "to-the-point" posts.

"No".

2:49 AM May 12 2009 2009
Sorto
Best on My Block

I have a video that is too long for youtube, its 15 min. I uploaded it to vimeo. Is there anyway to upload that on to here without having to split it into two pieces?
5:02 AM May 12 2009 2009
Grey
Honorably Discharged
Grey has provided valuable testing services for the website.Grey owns a Zune by choice, because iPods are superfluous and iTunes is counter intuitive.Grey rooted the Green Bay Packers to their fourth Super Bowl win, Favre or no Favre.Grey is connected in the Six Degrees of Smash web.Grey made significant contributions to all areas of the website!Grey did something funny.Grey impressed a staff member by doing something smart.Grey helped a member with a problem.Grey has referred new users to the site.

Nope.
11:59 AM May 12 2009 2009
mewtaker
Famous

Good god 15mns! LOL

https://www.facebook.com/xSinCarax/info
2:33 PM May 25 2009 2009
Gymdude
Friendly

Is there any way to delete an album or video once the album/video has been created or uploaded?
Page: 1

Quick Jump
rss