Brawl Low Tier Singles
tio tournament organizer
Add a Video
Upload a Stage
A Look Back at the HOBO Series, Part I
September 21 2009, 9:55 PM
A look back at the HOBO Series, Part II
October 12 2009, 8:53 PM
A Look Back at the HOBO Series, Part III
December 17 2009, 9:09 AM
A Look Back at the HOBO Series, Part IV
February 4 2010, 9:15 PM
Interview with Xyro
March 30 2010, 2:23 PM
Hobo 40: The Ruby Anniversary
May 8, 1:57 PM
Spring Ladder Info *All Ladders are now Live!*
May 7, 6:43 AM
Who's That User? #3
May 5, 11:53 AM
Outrage 2: The Next Installment
May 3, 9:29 AM
Winter Playoffs *Updated Pairings* & Spring Ladder Info
April 30, 4:26 AM
Texas Brawl Hype! (May Edition)
April 30 2012, 8:30 PM
Submit an article to AiB!
Hello AiB, Zano here again, bringing you a new month of tournaments for you to seek out over May. We have a pretty good spread of tourneys over the course of the month, including a pretty big one at the end, so make sure you check this article to see if you're able to make it! Last month went pretty well, and tournaments saw some new faces, not to mention a few wifi warriors that went out and proved themselves, so let's aim for even bigger numbers this month. Alright, so let's begin, and we've got stuff on the first weekend of the month, right off the bat.
We Hate Grownups 12
- Kingsville is where you'll want to be for this tourney, and it's looking to get a bit of interest from other cities like Houston and San Antonio possibly. This tournament will be MK legal in singles and doubles for anyone interested, and it will also be using a 10 minute timer. Another note you might be interested in is that melee will be there as well. This depending on OoC attendance, it probably won't be a terribly big tourney, but it's sure to be worth checking out if you live in South Texas, so don't miss it!
- For anyone who went to the first one, you know how unique an experience this was, as it was hosted in a theatre! This tournament brought in a lot of new faces and had a really great turnout, and now it's back again to bring yet another great event to the players of San Antonio. Chances are this will get really great OoC attendance, so it's definitely something you'll want to check out if you live in the area!
The Arena: South Texas Gaming
- Sadly, this tournament tried to have a brawl event last month, but not enough interest was generated and it had to be cancelled. This is mainly a melee oriented tournament series, but they do try to have brawl as well, so it's up to all of you in the area to help give them a reason to continue running brawl, or they just won't try anymore. If you live in the South Texas area, give it a shot and show them that you care!
Batou's Monthly 8
- Due to scheduling issues last month, this tournament did not occur, and will instead happen on this date, so if you thought you missed it, now's the time to make up for it! Batou is one of the main TOs in the DFW area, so it'd be a really good idea to attend his tournament if you're in the area, as there's only one other tournament series that runs in the area for the time being. There is always a great turnout for these, and even Houston will make the trip over when they get the chance. The venue is also really nice, so you'll have a good time, don't miss this.
- There isn't too much activity for brawl in North Texas, that's where Dakpo's Monthly Tournaments come in! This tournament series is great for players of all skills that just wanna go and have fun, since entry is free and it still pays out! If you know anyone that lives in the area, let them know about this tournament so they can go and have a fun time.
Captain InZano's Brawl Tourney 3
- The tournament series that I hold down here in the Coastal Bend. The last 2 tournaments we had fairly good attendance, getting as many people as the store does for it's other tournaments, but I hope to pass up even that. I've advertised this in any way that I possibly could, and have been trying to get any OoC attendance I can, while also trying to find any players around my own city that have been lurking about. Last time we had attendance from Houston, so that was a pretty big deal (although after you read the next tourney, you'll see why there won't be any this time lol). If you live in the South Texas area, try your best to come to our event, and I'll make sure you have a great time!
- Now for the big one, the one that's sure to have the most hype! Why you may ask? It's simply because, there will be a $1,000 pot bonus for this event! That's right, an additional $1,000 in prize money, in addition to whatever else there may be! The event will be taking place at Comicpalooza and will be a two day event, so make sure to return on sunday for more fun. The best part of this tournament though, is that if you don't manage to make it out of pools, don't fret! You can enter the amateur bracket, and that will have a payout of it's own, so even if you don't do your best, you still have another chance at making some pretty nice cash. Except to see all the heavy hitters from around Texas here, so competition will be stacked. If you think you're up to it, or if you just want to get better, this is a great opportunity, go show everyone what you're made of!
That wraps it up for now, and remember, if you want your tournament to be listed here, please make a thread for it on smashboards in the southwest console tournament listing section. Be sure to check back on this article later in case anything gets added, as new tournaments tend to pop up about halfway through the month or so, or if anything has to be rescheduled. Thanks for reading!!
at 8:42 PM on Apr 30, 2012
at 9:08 PM on Apr 30, 2012
I still hate you.
at 9:12 PM on Apr 30, 2012
No, you love me
at 9:40 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Does anyone know if there's a scene in Denton area still?
at 9:51 PM on Apr 30, 2012
What cities are near Denton? I can try finding out.
at 10:01 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Nice ill be at woodlawn for sure.
at 10:02 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Another good looking article Zano!
at 10:09 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Denton is 45-60 minutes north of dallas.
at 10:15 PM on Apr 30, 2012
That's not too bad. If something was set-up, you could get DFW to attend for sure.
at 11:14 PM on Apr 30, 2012
NOTHING IN DALLAS YYYYYY
at 11:32 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Laredo Damm it!
at 11:35 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Sam_The_Freshest wrote at 10:14 PM on Apr 30, 2012 :
NOTHING IN DALLAS YYYYYY
Forth worth tho
at 11:47 PM on Apr 30, 2012
Dallas has decent ones every once in a while, but I don't remember what part of town it's in. Depending on that answer I may or may not attend one.
at 2:20 AM on May 1, 2012
Sam just ask for a carpool to FTW tourneys. Fort worth goes everywhere. Go post in our thread on smash boards.
And Denton just kinda does the same, hops on Dallas scene, and Dallas hops on FTW.
at 2:24 AM on May 1, 2012
Blue Flare Miguel
at 6:43 PM on May 1, 2012
Sweet, all these tourneys out there. I can't wait. <3
at 7:59 PM on May 1, 2012
Good, you'll have a great time if you go!
at 12:29 AM on May 3, 2012
DMT is the 19th
at 12:32 AM on May 3, 2012
Mkay. Let me know when you get a thread up for it on smashboards and I'll add it to the list.
copyright © 2005-2013 allisnetworks |
design by dcarter