Screwed Up Stadium contest!
April 16 2008, 3:49 AM
a prominent member of All is Brawl's single-player mode community, would like to introduce a new weekly contest to the site: The Screwed Up
Stadium Featured Score Competition. "Screwed Up Stadium" ("SuS") refers to stadium modes like Break the Targets and Home Run Contest when played with special rules that change up the basic strategies of this mode. SuS rules ask you to do crazy things like beat Target Test 2 only using Snake's taunt or do Home Run Contest without picking up the bat... madness! See our Brawl Stadium forum
for a more in-depth discussion of SuS and other stadium modes.
The weekly SuS contest, as announced by 1221, will feature one challenge for each of the five levels of Target Smash. Each challenge will pair a random character and restriction (example: Yoshi
must break all the targets with Egg Toss). Contestants will have a week to complete all five challenges and post their fastest times for each, and points will be given to the three fastest times in each category (3 points for first place, 2 points for second, 1 point for third). The player who
earns the most combined points in a week will receive a special badge
and go down in the annals of SuS history. Just be aware that the top finisher will be asked to provide video proof of their times (either by uploading videos or sending replays to 1221), so make sure you save replays of your entries!
There will also be an All-Time Scoreboard
that keeps track of all the points you've earned for extra incentive to compete each week.
This week's challenges are:
- Level 1: Captain Olimar "limited time attack" (you must use a different move to break each target)
- Level 2: Jigglypuff Forward B (you may only use Jigglypuff's forward+b "Pound" attack to break targets)
- Level 3: Sonic ABA (you may only use Sonic's back-aerial kick attack to break targets)
- Level 4: Falco Down B (you may only use Falco's down+b "Reflector" attack to break targets)
- Level 5: Zero Suit Samus AUA (you may only use Zero Suit's up-aerial kick attack to break targets)
More descriptions and full contest rules can be found in this topic
; you must also post your times in this topic by 11:59 PM CST on Saturday the 19th to be considered. Good luck!!