For all of you texture hackers, a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Texture of the Week contest will now be held at All is Brawl. Hosted by Midnite and co-hosted by Shadowpoke, Texture of the Week will be similar to its Snapshot and Signature counterparts when it comes to rules, themes, judging, and rewards. However, this contest is all about texture hacks for SSBB instead of snapshots or signatures. If you don't know what a texture hack is, it is basically a reskin or a recolor of an object in a game. In Brawl, it can be a character, a stage, an item, or even the menu. If you are a current texture hacker and are interesting in participating, the forum for Texture of the Week is located here
. If you're new to texture hacking, or if you want to join but have no clue how to do this, head over to the Smash Development forum
for information on texture hacking, along with everything else Brawl-hacking related!
Texture of the Week rules:
1. The submitted texture MUST be made by you! If you're caught using a texture somebody else made, whether it's from a team like Kitty Corp or ESH, or even from someone else on this very forum, you will be disqualified.
2. Keep the textures clean, and make sure they follow site rules. This means no stripper Zero Suit Samus or putting a naughty word on the Great Fox in Corneria.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. When submitting your texture, follow the following form:
(Optional) Video Link:
(Optional, but strongly recommended) Download Link:
(Note that, though not mandatory, download links are strongly recommended, so that the audience/judges can view the texture with his or her own eyes, thus giving you a better chance to win.)
5. Your entry will not be accepted after the deadline. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Other things of importance:
1. The utilities you will need to make textures:
- Photoshop or GIMP
- The character/stage/item's file you intend to tex hack. (You can get them all in this MediaFire Archive.
2. How the heck do I even make these things?! Follow this post on how to texture hack characters and stages,
and follow this guide on how to hack item textures.
3. Theme: like Screenshot of the Week and Signature of the Week, Texture of the Week will also follow a theme every week. Make sure that your texture follows the theme.
4. Judging: Once again, judging is similar to SotW and SsotW. Though the audience has a say, the TotW judges are the main voters here.
Audience's vote: 1 point
Judge's 1st place vote: 3 points
Judge's 2nd place vote: 2 points
Judge's 3rd place vote: 1 point